All patients receiving regular medication will be given a computer printout of their repeat medication. To obtain a repeat prescription please:
- Firstly make sure you are not due for a medication review with your doctor or nurse before making your request.
- Send your printout by post, email (email@example.com) or order online via the link at the top of this page.
- Clearly mark the items you require.
Unfortunately we are unable to take repeat medication requests over the telephone. We also ask patients to refrain from calling us, to see if their prescription is ready.
We require three full working days before your prescription is ready for collection, this includes any private prescriptions. It is not always possible to issue an emergency supply of medication at short notice.
If it is more convenient to collect your prescription from Appledore Village Hall or Aldington Post Office please indicate when ordering. Please see opening times for this service.
We operate the following prescribing policy. All prescriptions are issued for 28 days only.
The practice has an attached dispensary with six dispensers and two administrative assistants. The dispensary is open for the dispensing of prescriptions on weekdays from 08:00 – 18:30.
For Aldington residents repeat prescriptions can be collected on Wednesdays between 11:00 – 11:30 from the Aldington Post Office.
For Appledore residents repeat prescriptions can be collected on Tuesdays between 10:15 -10:45 from the Village Hall.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.