Clinics & Services
The following clinics are available at Hamstreet by appoinment, for the monitoring of the health and well being of our patients:
- Daily Blood Clinics are held on Monday to Friday mornings.
- Child Assessment and Immunisation Clinics are held on Tuesday afternoons for specific immunisations and health checks.
- An INR Clinic for warfarin monitoring, as well as Asthma, Diabetes and Hypertension Clinics are all available.
- Contraception -
Our experienced doctors Dr Claire Jacobs & Dr Helen Daniel can offer a full range of services including
- Contraceptive Pills
- Coil fitting
- Emergency Contraception (within 72 hours) or emergency coils
- Contraception counselling
We have qualified nurses who can offer services on
- Contraceptive pills
- Emergency contraception (within 72 hours)
- Contraception counselling
The Health Visitor can be contacted on 0300 7900315 between 9.00am and 5.00pm. She is available to provide advice and support for families with young children.
Helpline number for parents (duty health visitor) between 2-5pm 0300 1233092
The Midwife holds antenatal clinics at Hamstreet Surgery every Friday. Her mobile number is 07771 983288. Out of hours call 01233 616124 in an emergency.
District Nurses They provide care in the patient’s own home for the housebound and post-operative. Contact them directly on 0300 123 4415
Physiotherapists from William Harvey Hospital hold clinics at Hamstreet Surgery four times a week, Monday and Fridays 8am - 6pm, Tuesday 9am - 6pm and Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
The Counsellor is available for consultation and appointments are made after referral from a doctor. You can also self-refer to the following organisations:
- NHS - Thinkaction/Addaction (KCA) 0300 0120012 (based at Hamstreet Surgery on a Wednesday afternoon)
- NHS - Insight Therapies 0300 5555555
- Urgent 24/7 NHS - Release the Pressure 0800 1070160
- 24/7 Webchat available at https://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/health/release-the-pressure
- Private - Ashford Counselling Services 01233 610083 (Contribution normally required but patients are assessed)
Dementia Drop-in Clinic is held between 12pm-2pm on the first Friday of every month. The clinic is held at different GP surgeries around Ashford on a rotation basis. This clinic is for any one diagnosed with dementia or who has a relative with the diagnosis. The clinic provides information, support and signposting to other services. For more detail call 01233 658125.
Further information can also be found on the Ashford CCG website https://www.ashfordccg.nhs.uk/your-health/dementia/ or on the Ashford support website http://ashford.referralsupport.co.uk/referral/dementia/ or you can watch a video by clicking the link below